1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tuner Problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jrkman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jrkman

jrkman

Feb 27, 2007
    I bought a Warmoth Jazz replacement neck. The holes for the tuning keys are bored out for a BML tuner. I was told it was a standard Fender size. The holes on the headstock measure 11/16. I ordered Hipshot Ultralight BML tuners. The bushings for the tuners are too small for the holes on the headstock. This can't be how they're supposed to fit in there. Am I supposed to shim around the bushing for the tuners to ensure a tight fit? I would think it should be a nice tight fit. I ordered some Fender press fit bushings thinking I needed another bushing to fit in there but they're too big for the holes on the headstock and the bore on them is way too small for the other bushing to fit into. What the heck am I missing here?

2. JayM

JayM

Apr 4, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    There are two different sizes of Hipshot Ultralights, one with a 3/8" post and one with a 1/2" post. The 1/2" post Ultralights fit 11/16" holes.

You have the small ones and you need the bigger ones.

3. jrkman

jrkman

Feb 27, 2007
    I have the 1/2" post ultralights. The bushing that came with the tuners is actually bigger than a 1/2" but smaller than 11/16". I called Warmoth and e-mailed the people I bought them from and have been told the tuner should work. Hence my frustration.