Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuner question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by StingrayKid21, Jan 24, 2003.

1. StingrayKid21

StingrayKid21 Holding down the low-end since 1996.

Oct 7, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Hey gang!

Apparently this is my "mass-posting" week because I've posted more threads this week than I have in my entire time on talkbass. Many thanks to everyone who has given me advice, ideas, and opinions on all of my previous questions. Now I have another question:

I bought a Korg DTR-2000 tuner yesterday and was surprised to see in the manual that I am not supposed to install it near any heat sources (heaters, vents, AMPLIFIERS!!!). Here's the problem... my road ready 4U case has one space remaining above my SVT-4 which takes up 3 spaces. I figured I would fill this with my new tuner, but alas... according to the instructions I cannot. Has anyone tried installing a Korg Tuner above an amp? Any problems?? I e-mailed and called Korg twice and still haven't recieved any answers, or even talked to a person.

Any help would be great!
    Thanks!
    --justin

2. I wouldn't worry about it. try this: after a normal gig or practice see if your amp head is really hot. if no then do it. They just say that to be stupid. Tuners produce very little heat so I wouldn't worry about it, you should be taking the back off you case though. Hope that helps. By the way. I've seen everyone do it this way. It would be foolish not to.