1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tuner sources

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by bassteban, May 6, 2006.

1. I've checked Warmoth, Allparts & Stew-Mac, but don't see exactly what I'm after. It's for an EUB(but figured I'll probably get a quicker response over here); I'm looking for tuners for a 2+3 bass guitar/paddle style headstock. I had planned on using Gotohs but I'm concerned w/the small-diameter post possibly breaking the DB-specific strings. What I'd like, & I believe I've seen something like this, would have a large, old Fender-type post w/a smaller gear portion, if that makes sense.:meh: Anybody?

2. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    I bought some Hipshot ultralites that have a huge post radius
    (1/2" I think?). Needless-to-say, they were too large for the bass I'm building but might be what you are looking for. I believe they are the same size as some of the old fender style jazz/p-bass machines.

like these:

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=111

The 1/2" posts are massive, in MHO.

3. Thanks!
    :)

4. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    well, I'm not sure if the hipshots will be able to handle the tension from the DB scale length, so I would take a look at www.uptonbass.com and look at the tuners they have there.

Greg