Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuners make annoying noice on my Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Niskamies, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Niskamies

Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I just bought a Sadowsky MS5. It is absolutely fabulous, but the tuners(especially the G-string tuner) make annoying buzz. I took them all out of the bass, and tightened the screws. No difference, the buzz is still there. It is annoying, because I like to play unplugged. So, is there anything to do? I didn't tighten the hex-screws, could they make the noise?

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have never heard of that, email Roger Sadowsky i am sure he can tell you whats going on. Roger@Sadowsky.com

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It could be. We had a Metro in the shop the other day that was buzzing near the headstock. We were baffeled for a few minutes. We notices the screw was loose and the washer was rattling.

4. Maybe this will help:

Try plucking on the strings instead of the tuners.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

Aloha,

Jonathan

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Have you tried tightening the bushings? Try removing the strings, taking a socket set and tighten the hex looking bushing around the tuners from the top. This was the biggest problem with my old Ibanez when the headstock rattled.