Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by No Remorse, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Hey dudes, can you guys recommend me any tuners? I'm looking in the vicinity of about 50$ AUS. So if any of you guys have had any good experiences, gimme some names.

Thanks a heaps.
  2. Tuners on the head of the bass or a tuner to tune your bass?
  3. As in plugging in and tuning to notes.
  4. Ok, I suggest a Seiko Guitar & Bass tuner ST-727. It is probably around 20-25 bucks and will do all your tuning needs. Has a note selector to detune your bass, a pitch adjuster (havent found a use for it yet, but im a moron so...) And a mic for your acoustic needs. Go get it NOW!!

P.S- also has a line out, its pretty helpful.
  5. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    Boss TU-2

You will never have to buy a tuner again. Very accurate, mute switch, bypass output jack and it can be a power supply to other boss pedals if you have a boss daisy chain.
  6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a Korg GA-10 (I think that's the model number). It cost $15 US and it picks up the open "B" string faster than any other tuner I've ever used. Best tuner under $100 IMO.
  7. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you want rackmount, the Korg DTR series is king.

If you want footpedal, the Boss TU-2 is king.

Everything else is fodder if you're gigging and abusing gear. You may pay a tad more, but they will last you a lifetime and never need replaced, EVER.

Just my $0.02.
  8. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    IME, nearly all of the tuners out today work pretty well. I have Korg that I payed $10 USD new. It works as well as any tuner I have ever owned at any price. I use it at home and for intonation, etc.

The prices reflect other features. The more you pay, the more you get.

Things like a line out are nice as they allow you to pass through and tune without unplugging. Other features include fully chromatic recognition, manual adjustment, reference pitch generation and the list goes on.

Rack mount tuners are typically very durable, offer a stage mute function and are visable from greater distances and at lower light levels.

It really depends on what you plan on using it for.