1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tuning machines 9/16" vrs 11/16th hole

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by explodingPSYCH, Nov 30, 2010.

1. explodingPSYCH

explodingPSYCH

May 7, 2009
    I have an Ibanez Roadstar II RB 650 with the "sweetheart" tuners and I was hoping to get some clover style Fender tuning machines.

These are typically 11/16ths of an inch but the Roadstar's holes are 9/16ths, which are typically the smaller tuners, like some of the Schallers. I have some Schallers on a Musicman, but I would like the option of a full sized clover design. A high turn ratio would be nice also!

Is there somewhere I can find an item like this?!

Thanks guys!

ps: I've also taken the tuners apart to get an idea of other options, and if I could find a clover tuner that matched the gears, or gears that matched the rod, of the sweethearts I could make that work as well!

Thanks!

2. aguacollas

aguacollas

Jan 19, 2008
    Spain

I'd like to replace the sweetheart tuners on my 82 Ibanez Roadster with a more lightweight option.
    A direct replacement if possible.
    Any options?

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  4. aguacollas

aguacollas

Jan 19, 2008
    Spain
    Thanks, that's really helpful.