Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuning machines for trade/sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by phatcactus, Jul 11, 2004.

1. phatcactus

phatcactus

Apr 2, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Aye aye aye. The tuning gods just don't like me, I guess. Here's what I've got:

4 inline all-chrome Gotoh mini-tuners (1/2" holes) with fat Y-shaped keys. These are great, but don't fit my holes. :'( $25, or trade for something with 5/8" or 11/16" holes and clover keys.

3 inline chrome and black Fender American Deluxe tuners (5/8" holes, 1/8" nubs) with fat clover keys. Very fancy, but a PITA to install.

4 inline chrome and black Fender American Deluxe tuners (5/8" holes, tiny nubs) with fat clover keys. One has no nubs and is useless without some clever modification (perhaps you could epoxy some on). Once installed, they look identical to the fancy three above.

Sam Ash (*shudder*) has ordered one more of these tuners for me. I'm not sure what size the nubs will be, but either way, I'll end up with a set of four. $50 for four functional tuners, $35 for three functional tuners and one with no nubs.

4 inline chrome Wabash tuners (11/16" holes) with stamped rectangle-ish keys. I just got these from eBay, and they arrived covered in a sticky oily film. The seller said that's normal. Riiight. So I used an ultrasonic cleaner on 'em and got most of the oil out. They need to be regreased, which I will do. They seem incredibly hard to turn, but that might be because they're greaseless right now. $20, but I'm'a keep these for myself if they work out okay.

Once I get back home (maybe tonight, maybe in a couple days) I'll get y'all some nice pictures. Calculate shipping from 60601 (Chicago, IL).