Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuning machines that look like bones

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Kraig99, Jun 9, 2002.

1. A few years ago I saw a Jackson bass that had tuning machines that looked like little bones. It looked so cool, but I never saw any other basses that looked like this. Has anybody seen a bass with these things, or know who makes them and how I could purchase them? Thanx!

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man, that would be cool. i would be interested if you find out where you can get some...thinking about maybe getting a bass custom built by ron blake:

[​IMG]

with maybe a bc rich beast style headstock:

[​IMG]

not quite as pointy, though, and definitely _not_ a guitar headstock :D

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think bone tuners on a bass like that would rok!

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    go to Ed Romans website Which I dont have.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    thanks, Jauqo...i go there quite frequently to drool on my monitor ;) i don't actually know anyone that's had a bass built by ed roman and ron blake. the craftsmanship seems really great, and ron blake learned with some pretty good luthiers--carl thompson-- ed roman is so hard to talk to...he has a preprogrammed response to every question. he's a really busy guy...so i take what he says with a grain of salt. i _did_ find out that ron blake works only on wednesdays, though :D i'll had to visit again and see if they have the bone tuners. thanks again, man!

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I know Ed Roman but I dont deal with him at all.I only recomended him because of you and the other fellow TBer needing the machine heads and I figure something as less exspensive as that wouldn't hurt you guys.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    much appreciated, man ;)

8. Please let me know if they have them. WHat's the URL for this guy's site?

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

there you go...alas, no bone tuners :(

all sorts of other cool stuff there, though....oooo christine ;)

that bass i posted is on the page...it's an R+B Claw bass...awesome, imo...i want tone