Tuning machines that look like bones

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Kraig99, Jun 9, 2002.

1. A few years ago I saw a Jackson bass that had tuning machines that looked like little bones. It looked so cool, but I never saw any other basses that looked like this. Has anybody seen a bass with these things, or know who makes them and how I could purchase them? Thanx!

2. Anybody?

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man, that would be cool. i would be interested if you find out where you can get some...thinking about maybe getting a bass custom built by ron blake:

[​IMG]

with maybe a bc rich beast style headstock:

[​IMG]

not quite as pointy, though, and definitely _not_ a guitar headstock :D

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i think bone tuners on a bass like that would rok!

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    go to Ed Romans website Which I dont have.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    thanks, Jauqo...i go there quite frequently to drool on my monitor ;) i don't actually know anyone that's had a bass built by ed roman and ron blake. the craftsmanship seems really great, and ron blake learned with some pretty good luthiers--carl thompson-- ed roman is so hard to talk to...he has a preprogrammed response to every question. he's a really busy guy...so i take what he says with a grain of salt. i _did_ find out that ron blake works only on wednesdays, though :D i'll had to visit again and see if they have the bone tuners. thanks again, man!

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I know Ed Roman but I dont deal with him at all.I only recomended him because of you and the other fellow TBer needing the machine heads and I figure something as less exspensive as that wouldn't hurt you guys.

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    much appreciated, man ;)

9. Please let me know if they have them. WHat's the URL for this guy's site?

10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

there you go...alas, no bone tuners :(

all sorts of other cool stuff there, though....oooo christine ;)

that bass i posted is on the page...it's an R+B Claw bass...awesome, imo...i want tone