Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tuning peg broken off of bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by motorteipidpa, Aug 17, 2003.

1. a few months ago the tuning peg for the d string of my olp musicman bass broke off somehow. instead of geting replacement tuners i would just carry around the broken tuning peg like an ass to band practice and shows and would just slip it into the tuning gear and tune my bass like that.well i lost the tuner,slipped out of my pocket somewhere.so my bass is all out of tune and unplayable until i get new tuners.only prolem is i cant find tuners that fit an olp 4 string musicman bass. anyone know a place that makes tuning pegs for this bass?i cant find these,but if they make replacement tuning pegs for the real Ernie Ball music man will they fit onto this olp music man bass?or will any tuning peg work?like gotoh tuners or somethng i dunno anything about tuners but i have been looking at some on www.basspartsresource.com and none of them look like they will fit my bass. do i have to buy a set can i just by one peg?
    thanks
    Tom

2. bass_man86

bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
  3. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Tuning pegs are sold in sets, unless you happen to stumble across a hole-in-the-wall guitar shop that's got a junk box to pick from.

Bass_man86 has the right idea, and that's what I would do too.
    Buy a Hipshot drop-tuner key and stick it where your E string key is at, then use the original E tuner and put it where the broken one is at.
    Problem fixed, and your 4-string just became a bit more functional on the fly.