1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tuning Pegs/Wing nuts

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Ibanez Bassist, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Where can you find the over sized tuning pegs or wing nuts for a 4 string bass?

2. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Amazing... I don't have a clue what you're looking for. :meh::confused:

3. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Well near as I can figure by looking at all the web sites (music stores) and actually Ibanez.com there called over sized clover tuning peg..

4. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    Are you looking for the whole tuning machine assembly... or are you just looking for the very end "clover leaf" part that you actually grab on to?

5. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Yea thats it Thanks LOL the clover leaf that you grab.. the ones on my bass are very small or at least I think so and I wanted larger ones I know there out there I have seen them, But I dont want to spend the $80.00 with out knowing if there going to fit..my Bass

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Go to http://basspartsresource.com/middle_bass.htm and look at tuners - you'll learn a lot by reviewing the options they offer. You can't change part of the tuner, you have to change the entire machine. Which one fits depends on the bass and diamater of the tuning post. Email the vendor you buy from to determine fit.

Incidentally - there are no wing nuts on basses.

7. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Yes, all the wingnuts are on banjo. :D

8. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    I will give them a shout to see what I can get..

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020