1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tuning post loose.... help!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dirtymungoo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. dirtymungoo

dirtymungoo

Dec 24, 2009
    two of the tuning post on my bass are very loose i was wondering is there a way to tighten them?
    i have a shecter omen 5. please help this is not letting me stay in tune

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    From the website, they appear to be Gotoh GB-7esque tuners. Any way you can post a pic of your headstock with emphasis on the tuner in question? In the meantime:

*If necessary, tighten the string post retaining nut on the headstock front. An open-end wrench should work just fine. Do not overtighten as you may crack the headstock and/or finish!

*Tighten the single anchor screw on the headstock reverse.

*Remove the screw located on the tuner button. Don't lose the button or any of the spacers / washers beneath. Dab a small amount of blue Loctite on the screw, re-insert, and tighten 'til snug. Don't overtighten as it may deform the nylon spacer!

Riis

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Attention all Orlando-based TBer's!

Looks like DM and I have a plan of action but since he's in Orlando and I'm in Virginia Beach, I'm not 100% sure if we have a handle on the problem. If anybody could provide some badly-needed assistance (a first-hand looksey would be nice), please chime in!

Thanks

Riis

4. If he has questions I would suggest he take his bass to Lyrical Lumber in Maitland or Guitar Factory on Edgewater Drive. Either of these repair shops can anlyze the situation and will usually give suggestions for free. If he wants I can take a look at it and do minor adjustments. I live in Altamonte Springs. Just PM me with questions.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020