Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tuning your B to a G :(...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Obsolex, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Ok, I've been in the tuning CGCF for a little while, and like it a lot, but am wasting my B string (Hey, I only have one damn bass...).
    But I've heard people say that to tune your B to a G, to hit the harmonic on the 12th or 5th fret, but I can't seem to get it... How else could I do it?? thanks-
    ||_-soto-_||

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Just tune it on your 5th fret when your E is a C. But why would you want to? It probably won't have any tension at all and flop around everywhere, B down a step to A is bad enough:p

3. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I'm just tryin $#*! out man...
    ||_-soto-_||

4. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Well calm down Obsolex. I told you how to do it and I was just playing:rolleyes:

5. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Wait, what? I'm not pissed off or anythin man, lolz. I was just sayin I was tryin **%$ out... lolz...
    ||_-soto-_||

6. Haha...

you'll sound like fieldy;)

:)

:oops:

7. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Yeah dude, but not quite, fieldly probably puts the strings on the bass, and tunes them just until they won't fall off with him "playing"... :p :oops:
    But yeah, I actually didn't really like the GCGCF, but maybe with a 35'' scale and heavier strings it would sound OK... Maybe, maybe not, whatever man... lol...