Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by kake_eater, Jul 6, 2001.

1. standard

8 vote(s)
  2. other

5 vote(s)
  1. kake_eater

kake_eater Guest

Jun 26, 2001
    over there
    ok now i know some of you didnt like my last post but ohh well.... i was wondering why other bands put the tuning different? it seems to make the bass cool in sound to me but i dont know the different tunings only that there way different from mine. so i was wondering if anyone here plays there bass in different tunings or keeps it normal.so if you know any...tell me!
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    both... i change tunnings 3 or 4 times during a gig:

-MAIN: C#ADG

as you see, i just change the fourth string...

when i´m at home i play Standard all the time...
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Standard tuning , 96% of the time.
    I use a Hipshot D-Tuner to get a low D once in a while.
  4. get a 5 string and you won't need to tune down to anything
  5. NightVampZ

Jun 22, 2001
    I usually just play with standard tuning because, the way that I play, if the cords are to lose, they hit the pickups and it sounds like crap... But for some songs, I will downtune to Drop-D.

6. alistair

alistair Guest

Aug 29, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia
    i play my five string tuned E-A-D-G-C but i guess that's still standard tuning, (standard intervals between strings)
  7. Alistair : standard 5-string tuning is B E A D G

oy yeah.. my bass is tuned in C F A# D# G#
    which is sort of normal for my kind of music, i gues.. all bands i know of that make similar music are also tuned in C....
  8. I use drop D alot. Also Db Ab Db Gb and Eb Ab Db Gb tuning, but not a whole lot
  9. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    I tune down to:

first band: regular, never drop D, 5string

second band:(main): on a 5 stringer, i go
    low to high-A,D,C,G,F then sometimes we drop to C. we once dropped two whole steps( accidentally)

but at home i put a capo on my best 5 string and practice with that so i get regular again.