Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Turbo Grafix 16

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Anybody have one? I used to have one back in the day. Now I just traded a Wah pedal for one. Now all I need is the win the Rf adaptor of Ebay.

If anyone knows where I can get other accesories, let me know.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    That was my first game console EVER. The first 16 bit game system.

I had plenty of games,,, in fact, they might be out in the storage... if I found them, you could have them.

Good memories.

They have a emulator and some roms for them. It was called something else overseas me thinks.

Man, thanks for bringing back all the good times!

3. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    My friend used to have one of those.....it was pretty cool. I think he sold it along with his NES to fund buying a new computer or a guitar or something.

A shame, really.

4. Polly, If you can find the games let me know how much you want for them. Can't wait to play Splatter House again :D

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Well, only the graphics chip was 16-bit. The first "real" 16 bit system ought to have been the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive. If facts and memory serve me correctly.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    You sir, are correct.The Genesis/Mega Drive was probably the first TRUE complete 16 bit system.

Ah, I remember splatterhouse. I did own it, and what a great storyline. I'm gonna go down and see what I can root up today.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I rarely say this and mean it but...

O M F G

That was the coolest game ever. I remeber never owning a Turbo Grafix, but a friend did. They were the coolest thing ever. The games were just like cards. Bonx Adventure was cool. :cool: