Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Definitely one of my favorite scandinavian bands :D

These guys friggin rock. I know I can't be their only fan on the board. I love their sound...a good mix of old rock and roll with modern punk. Pretty talented guys as well.

Comments? Favorite cd?
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Turbonegro is great. It's a shame there aren't more bands out there that are as much fun as they are.

My fave of theirs is Apocalypse Dudes....I also have Scandinavian Leather as well, and I like it--its got some great big arena riffs--but at the same time it doesn't have the same "hide-this-from-your-parents" aura surrounding it.

In the wake of the whole Swedish Invasion, it's good to know that there are actually some high quality bands from the frozen north.

3. My favorite Swedish band is Refused, may they rest in piece :(

But Turbonegro is Norwegian last time I checked ;)
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Last time I check, Sweden was just as frozen as Norway;)

I enjoy the Refused, they were an incredibly talented band. I'm kind of turned off by T(I)NC. It just seems a little too goofy or contrived to me. There are a couple of other really good Scandinavian bands...but I can't remember them off the top of me head.
  5. Turbonegro are cool indeed. I don't like all their music, though, but they still rock.
  6. KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm not a fan of that genre, but Turbonegro is great. Love em', fun to listen to.
  7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    They are funny and not-too-bad-sounding, judging from the clip on MTV, but not really my cup of tea...

Yep, and some of them quite underappreciated and underrated. Like Marduk, one of my favourite black metal bands