1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Turn it on NOW - Nathan Watts

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by zuma, Feb 29, 2008.

1. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    If anyone is on Pacific time and has VH-1 Classic turn it on NOW and watch Stevie Wonder kick some serious ass. I've only heard two songs and I'm blown away. These guys sound TIGHT. THe show is called BBC Crown Jewels.

Nathan Watts is sporting a Stingray at the moment. His tone has got some serious DEEP.:hyper:

2. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I watched it too over here on the east coast. Looked like Nate had the Stingray, a Pedulla 5er, and the Roland bass. Nate Watts is one of my heroes, but the guy who was impressing me most in that band (other than Stevie) was the drummer. Great show!!!

3. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    Oh man, you're so right. That drummer was pretty amazing.

4. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    Ok guys and gals,

This one ought to be easy for someone. I don't imagine this one is a Roland midi bass so what is it? These are captures directly from my homemade TiVo machine. They are the best shots I could find.

Attached Files:

5. zuma

zuma

Dec 21, 2006
    East Los Angeles
    Ahhh! Answered my own question with a quick Google search on Roland bass. Scroll down to the bottom of this page: http://www.joness.com/gr300/GR-33B.htm

Double Agent sure knows his stuff. That is indeed the Roland bass. Anyone play one of these beauties?

6. apener

apener

Jan 25, 2008
    :hyper:
    I actually asked jonathan herrera, the editor of BP about this bass, and he didn't know it.

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    When is that from... Mid to late 90's?