turning a guitar mult. fx pedal into a bass mult. fx pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spidersbass, Feb 28, 2005.

1. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    a friend of mine has one of these: http://www.bananas.com/productdetail.asp/pid_8111/productname_Zoom-505-II-Multi-Effect-Pedal

he's giving it away and i'm wondering if there is a way to change some of the electrical components inside to change it from a guitar multiple fx pedal to a bass one. what could i do to do this? what do i have to change to have a decent pedal?

oh, and i know there is a bass version for it, i'm just doing this to learn more electrical crap. thanks
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, there MIGHT be a way, depending on their circuit design. Most people play around with single pedals that have only a few IC's. But these things are considerably more complicated. On the input, there are loading capacitors and resistors which can be changed to change the frequency response of the pedal itself, but I am not sure how that would interact with the other electronics, especially in a multi-pedal. You may just try it like it is first.
  3. The bass version isn't the greatest to begin with. I had one years ago & hated it.
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    What's the problem through just playing through it without modding it?

And if you can't play through it or fix it, why not just sell it and get your self a Big Muff, a Reverb, a Delay (maybe,) and a Wah? I know it will cost more, but those are the effects I use most on my BP-200.