1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Turning On/Off amp signal to the board

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rick1906, Aug 27, 2007.

1. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    SD
    Here's my setup: Ken Smith BSR5M --> Avalon U5 (line out) --> Crest CA6 --> Bergantino HT322. I will also now be using the mic output from the U5 to send to the board when needed. Is there a device/pedal/AB switch/something that I can use to turn off the signal to the board when needed? Typically, there's nobody running the board at church and sometimes we play stuff that I and a few other musicians aren't alsways familiar with.

I would like the ability to cut the signal to the board but use my cab as a monitor at a low volume while I noodle around a bit to figure songs out. My plan would then be to crank the volume and send signal to the board once I've figured out the basics to the song.

It doesn't happen frequently but every once in a while we might play something that I don't know. Any suggestions?

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    You got a headphone out anywhere? If so you could "noodle" in absolute silence in the house and just use an A/B box to mute the signal to the PA. Or use the A/B box to go between you amp through the PA and something like a Yamaha KS10 or other tiny powered speaker.