Tusq Picks

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by gregmon79, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I think I’m posting in the right forum.....??

Anyway, I just got a pack of those new Tusq picks, the “bright” ones. I’ve only played them for about 10 min but I like them so far. They really do give you some nice snap and “harmonic content” I guess you’d call it as advertised. I was wondering if any of you were using them and what your thoughts on them were.

I normally use Clayton triangles in 1.00mm or 1.26mm. I sorta miss the extra surface to hold onto but the Tusq ones are easy to grab and don’t seem to move too much. I’ll know more when I get them in a real band playing situation and I’m playing a little more aggressively. The design on the picks makes them easy to grip though so that’s nice.

ABD33AAC-AA2E-4F9E-BBCA-1AC64FAF9FFB.jpeg

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Inactive

Nov 20, 2000
    Harrison Mills
    I tend to use heavy blunt picks and was expecting to hate the Tusq. They’re so stiff and have such a positive sensitive touch though I found them extremely usable. Not my #1 go to but I bought a bag of them and play with one occasionally just for a change. They wear fast which isn’t a big deal for me but might be if you like a sharp point all the time.

gregmon79 likes this.
  3. I have some black A5s (1 mm) that were given to me by a guitarist. I find them too clacky for bass but great for guitar. Thanks to the name stamp, I can grip them well and my dumb right hand doesn't drop them as often as it drops other picks.

gregmon79 likes this.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh that kinda sucks. I guess I’ll see how it goes. I do like my points.