Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tutor in Phoenix

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ChristineMFer, Oct 7, 2005.

1. ChristineMFer

ChristineMFer

Jul 28, 2005
    I'm looking for a good bass teacher in the Phoenix Area. Does anyone have a recommendation or know where I can go to research a good bass tutor?

2. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Last time I asked here on Talkbass for an instructor in Phoenix I was directed to Steve Millhouse (steve@stevemillhouse.com). I also asked some music instructors at MCC the same question and I got the same name from them.

FWIW, I took a few lessons and he started me out with scales and chord tones. Then I stopped taking lessons because of car trouble and never started them back up again. Anyway, he's a real nice guy. He offered to do the lessons at MCC or at his house up by Tatum in the Paradise Valley area (IIRC).

Also, if you happen to travel to Tucson a bit or plan to move there, I hear Ed Friedland (www.edfriedland.com) lives there and is offering lessons. He's written a bunch of books on playing bass and if you've read an article in Bass Player magazine in the last 13 years, you've probably read something he's written.