Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TV commercials

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Commercials seem to suck a lot less lately.

The capital one commercials are funny as hell. Especially the Viking ones... David Spade's are pretty good too.. Although, the fat guy that has trouble with NO! makes them better.

Del Taco commercials are great...

Jack in the Box commercials are the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Carls Jr... hell yes. "Chicken, juggle."

and my personal favorite...

the EPT pregnancy test commercial where the lady says "There is such thing as being a little bit pregnant." Thats beautiful.

2. I like the KY jelly commercial ........ :D
    The look that fellow gets on his face........... :D

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The E*trade Monkey...

4. hahaha personal lubricant and massage oil hahahahahahaha

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Geico commercials are great (especially bringing back Tony Little!), but I can't stand some commercials. There are a couple of companies that do horrible voice overs, a lady in front of a swirling tornado who appears as if she's shouting but is "using" an indoor level. I think it was for a loan company or some drug.

7. Geico "Tiny House" commercial.... they nailed that one. It was so well done I heard friends of the actor that played the guy in the ad thought it was a real live reality show and told him he was crazy for doing a show like that, something along those lines....

Randy

8. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The New Geico one with Pro Wrestling is pretty good...

9. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

you guys watch too much TV ... jmo .

10. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Yes! You just reminded me of my latest favorite commercial.

YOU CAN DO IT!

[​IMG]

11. i like that one about tag body spray, where you see these female wrestlers going at it, and then one of them just leaps on this guy in the audience out of nowhere.

i like the "bob" commercials too. "and there's also a happy wife back in the clubhouse" haha the smiles on his face are so corny, they're worse than bass face.

I also think the little symptom warnings they try to tag on to the end of medicine commercials is funny. sometimes the symptoms are worse than whatever they're trying to cure in the first place (symptoms may include diarrhea, coughing, trouble urinating, sinus pressure, etc). i especially like the one "if your erection lasts over 4 hours, please see a doctor"

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    What do you think of this one:

http://www.bigad.com.au/

This is one of the best ads i've ever seen - its for one of our fairly average local brews (kinda like Miller or Bud). There is not adult content or anything so its cool for kids.