Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TV: Ghost Hunters

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 8, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Does anyone else watch this show? (Wed. @ 9 on the Sci-Fi channel). I caught a marathon of it a few weeks ago and I'm pretty hooked on it. The fact that they don't always find evidence of a haunting in every episode makes me feel even more than they may not just be faking it. (who would purposely record 6 episodes in a row where they don't find anything?)

TAPS: http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah, i have my very own "Slimer" at home....gets slime everywhere....my Rottie has to lick everything!

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Those types of shows amuse me, I don't think I've seen ghost hunters specifically, but I have seen about a dozen specials on the subject of 'ghost hunting'...etc.

Ghosts aren't real.

Yet, these people get all this gear, they get all excited and all hyped up to go to 'the most haunted place on the planet', they creep and crawl around at midnight with radios and all sorts of gizmos that may or may not actually yield any information(Assuming ghosts were real that is) And then they act disappointed when they don't find anything. Such has been the case for all the shows I've seen. If this show is deviating from that, it's not because they are finding anything, it's because they are cheating.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

hehehe yeah:) I am with ya there:)

Except ghost of xmas X

Those thing are real... me as santa can testify that those $!#@!@$ are ruining xmas... Ho Ho Ho

[​IMG]

Next time that bastard is dead!!! you hear me? DEAD!!!

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    This show is actually the opposite of alot of what is out there. When they go to a place, they try and DISPROVE a haunting while most others try and PROVE a haunting, which if that's what you're trying to do, it's really easy to fake it, or take a picture with a spec of dust in it and say "hey look, a ghost". I've seen many episodes where they were able to take a person's "paranormal" experience and give them a reason to what it actually was. If they don't find anything, they're usually not dissappointed. They're trying to find evidence of what may or may not be happening.

6. I actually know several ghost hunters who criticize this show and they have convinced me that these guys are just a bunch of players. For one, two of them work for Roto-Router full time. They have very litle training on these matters.

The other guys they have working with them are jokesters. I haven't watched the show in months and thought it went off the air. SciFi once had a forum in which these guys would get lambasted by the public and some of the people on the show would reply to the comments.

The guy I know says that what they are doing is actually considered dangerous in the ghost hunting business and that there is really no scientific evidence they are applying to their investigations. It's interesting to see the two sides battle, but I was convinced this show is pure comedy.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Well I can dig that, I'm all for un-supernaturalifying the supernatural

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's it! I demand to see their degrees from the U. of Transylvania!

brad cook

9. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm not one to say that someone isn't well trained in an area just because it's a side thing after the day job. I do agree that a few of the guys that they have on the show, mainly Brian and Steve are jokesters. The last episode I saw, Jason and Grant made them go back and review the 30+ hours of evidence because they got all of it done in only 10 hours, and if you watch the episode, Brian fast forwarded through alot of it and they spent most of the time goofing off.

I won't argue the science part of it seeing as I know bo-diddly about it. I watch it for the interest and entertainment of it and it's something that challenges my christian beliefs.

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Anyone want a corn dog?

:D