1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TV Shows in Danger of Cancellation

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Apr 3, 2013.

1. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    None of my preferred shows are on the chopping block this time around.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Community is "in hot water"? :atoz:

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont watch a single show from that article. Cut 'em all!

4. Pretty much the only one there I would even slightly miss is Once Upon A Time, and it won't be that big a deal to me if it does go.

5. does anyone still watch network TV?

davesignatureII-1.

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The shows my wife and I regularly watch include quite a few from the major networks, including:

- Survivor
    - Amazing Race
    - Parenthood
    - Modern Family
    - Nashville
    - Shark Tank
    - The Good Wife
    - New Girl
    - Raising Hope

7. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    If they get rid of Suburgatory I'm going to flip my nuts.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I wouldn't save anything in hot water or cancelled.

9. It's a shame about Fringe, though I'm not totally up-to-date with it.

Thought The Office had already been cancelled.

10. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm with ya there. I cannot believe how long the Office has limped along, and Fringe hasn't been interesting in 3 years.

Nothin but a whole lotta drek on that list. Is that show "Grimm" on there, I didn't notice, but my God, that show is awful too.

Oh, and that Whitney show? She's kinda hot, but that show is a whole buncha not funny all in one place. Same with 2 broke girls...just awful.

11. Grimm's been renewed, never watched it but it seemed like it could be a good premise.

I recently started watching some of the US Office on Netflix again, not long after re-watching the UK Office. The US one initially gets better after the first season (though it gets pretty tired pretty quick after that), I'm not sure how they got past the pilot episode though, they basically re-used the script from the UK version and Carell just doesn't pull off the social incompetence as well as Gervais.

12. None that I watch.

13. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Amazons and Gladiators?

EDIT: This is post is totally in the wrong thread. :confused:

14. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I thought fringe ended the show last season?

15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    You are right about both those shows. Hot girls do not always make for funny shows. No wonder, Whitney Cummings is co- producer and co-creator for both shows.

America's Most Wanted has been canceled after 25 years and Judge Joe Brown has been canceled after 15 years.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    It seems like a lot of UK shows that get remade in the US use the same scripts, sometimes even the same shooting scripts, as their UK counterparts. I noticed this when watching Skins, and Ive heard the same about Shameless as well.

17. I dare say it makes sense in some respects, saves having to put work into new scripts for a pilot. Though the time saved needs to be better spent on better casting!

I love a lot of US shows, but so many of the remakes are cringeworthy.

18. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wilfred being a notable exception, that show is incredible. (and stars the same Wilfred) :)

19. Only during football season. I haven't watched any regular network TV since Enterprise got cancelled.