1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TV Tropes (is awesome)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The_Ox, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Anyone else go here?

It's a website that categorizes all or most of the tricks of the trade for pop culture and media

TV Tropes

I'll warn you, It's mighty addicting

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah I have spent way too much time there, it sucks you in. Plus I'm a sucker for new words like "dakka".

3. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Man, I haven't thought about that site in years. Thanks for the reminder!

4. Midfour

Midfour

Aug 26, 2010
    I'm engaging in some thread necromancy (TV Tropes term!) here, but i just stumbled onto this thread looking to see if their was a TV Tropes page for this forum (there is not-- I'll fix that) and I never miss an opportunity to push that site.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I have done my best to avoid that site for three semesters now. I know I'll never leave it otherwise...

6. +1

It's a prime example of a site where I keep jumping from one link to another (in this case, because of the exotic names the links often have) and completely forget what I was looking for or why I came to the site in the first place :p

The site is definitely cool enough to merit its own thread here.