1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tweaking The Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ReCkLeSsAbAnDoN, Jul 5, 2002.

  1. ReCkLeSsAbAnDoN

    ReCkLeSsAbAnDoN banned.

    Jun 13, 2002

    So i have a few questions concerning an amp, and some of the knobs on the EQ. First, i know all about highs and lows and such, but i was wondering...what is "high pass" and "low pass"? Both of these knobs are located under the "contour" section of the amp. Also, the direct out switch......obviously for playing thru a p/a or recording rite? well, what is ground and lift? just a few questions....all help would be great.

    BTW....anyone know what the best settings for punk music would be....such as SUM41 Goldfinger and GreenDay?


Share This Page