1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tweeter alternative/replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by szusman, May 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I am looking to reduce the hiss of my tweeter, without turning it down or off. Looking for recommendations on replacements (or alternatives) to get a hi-fi sound with much reduced hiss.

Both cabinets are VERY nice boutique cabinets (DNA 112 and Form Factor 112), but I feel like there might be better solution for the tweeter.

Anybody find a good alternative? besides turning the treble down on my amp or bass, or tweeter :) For instance, do the Bag Ends with coaxial tweeters hiss as much?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Tweeters do not generate any hiss. They only reproduce what you feed them. So the source of your hiss is elsewhere.

DukeLeJeune and lz4005 like this.
  3. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Good point. But it seems some tweeters are quieter than others, with respect to hiss. So, I guess I am asking for the least hissy tweeter (or small woofer than handles highs)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021