1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tweeter Distortion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Feb 10, 2002.

1. i spent 15 or so minutes searching and could not find my answer
    Ok I recently had ym rig set up in my bedroom and got to practice at a decent level...
    I instantly started noticing that I am getting a fairly decent amount of distortion comming from the co-axil tweeter on ym Bad End 4x10... I never really noticed it when I practiced with the band and yesterday I jammed with some people and again it wasnt nearly as noticable when playing with other people but when I play alone I can tell its there and it just bothers the hell out of me. Is this an easy/cheap fix? Will I need to replace the speaker? Will it just get worse and worse or is ok the way it is? I know I should probably just take it in but I hate giving people things to fix (mechanics, plumbers, etc)... it always feels like they are just screwing me over. I would like to be able to try to just fix it myself. Any advice would be most helpful. Thanx.

2. FalsehoodBass

FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    for now i think you could just disconnect the tweeter, then call bag end and look into getting a new one. I have no idea how those coaxial ones work, if they're built into the speaker or what, but taking it apart and looking at it shouldn't be too hard..