1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tweeter location?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jebo, Mar 17, 2013.

1. jebo

jebo

Apr 25, 2009
    I have a bergintino AE112. I usually place it on it's side when I use it (because it has a handle on the top which makes it awkward to place a head on top of it)...

My question is in terms of tweeter performance, does it matter which side I place it on? The tweeter being either below or above the speaker?

2. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    if you don't attenuate it, and use it, it should be higher , as in closer to your ears.

if you do turn it down, it might be just fine wherever if you turn it back up a little. have you tried it both ways (above and below)?

3. jebo

jebo

Apr 25, 2009
    I always used it w/ the tweeter below the speaker... recently another bassist saw me set up my rig and told me that he thought it was weird for the tweeter to be on the bottom (below the speaker). I just have no idea why it makes a difference.

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    if it never bothered you before, seems like it'll be fine. but since you asked, IIRC it's just more likely to be heard better being closer to your ears. but 2EHO.