1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tweeter on/off switch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lwdemons, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I have a couple of small wedge/pa cabs (10" & horn). I would like to put in an on/off switch for the tweeter. I occasionally use it for a bass monitor for the drummer when the band is stuffed in a corner, but the horn is very hissy. It sounds fine when using as a full range cab through the pa, but too noisy for just bass. It there an easy way to install a switch turn it on and off. I'm a total noob when it comes to speaker wiring so I would need to know what type of switch, and where to put it (+ or -).

Thanks a million.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Your idea will probably work fine. There's a few diferent ways your horns might be wired, that may make a diference in how this should be done. Open one of your cabs up and either give us a brief description on how the horn and speaker are wired inside, or better yet post some pics of the cabs internal wiring and crossover (if equiped). This would really help us give you better info here... :)`