1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tweeter question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nato101010, Mar 19, 2010.

1. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    I think my tweeter is blown. I can seem to hear anything from it. How could I tell for sure?

2. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Use a ohms meter. Check the fuse it look like a auto light bulb if it has one.

3. kb9wyz

kb9wyz

Sep 8, 2008
    Bloomingdale,IL
    You could turn your low and mid controls all the way down and turn your highs all the way up. Then play at a low volume with your ear right up against the tweeter. That's what I would do to check it.

4. I would very carefully do what kb9wyz says, but who needs tweeters anyway.

5. /\/\/\/\

This

You need to remove the horn and disconnect the wiring before testing with a multi-meter.

If your horn tests OK, then you need to check if there is high freq protection (the fuse or lightbulb). If there is no protection, or it is OK, then you may have a bad component in your crossover/high pass filter.

6. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Cool. I'll give it a try now.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020