Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Twiggy Ramirez in APC

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ShockBlueXterra, Jun 26, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

Since Twiggy joined A Perfect Circle I was wondering if he is going by Twiggy or his real name, Jeordie White?

2. i don't know, but i don't really favor twiggy, his tone in bland like a piece of rock agaisnt 30 year old flatwounds. his image is way too much for APC, his playing isn't all that powerful or supporting to me. in fact i think i would have made the perfect replacement for paz. :)

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Well he might not be full on Twiggy in APC. He might change his "name", image, and/or tone. Who knows. His playing was always solid.

4. KrazzyJoe

KrazzyJoe

Jul 31, 2003
    Oregon.
    I've been listening to Thirteenth Step(the new APC) and its great, really nice playing by Jeordie. He has said that he doesnt care if people still call him Twiggy Ramirez, but at the first APC show with him Maynard introduced him as "Courtney Love". However, alot of the bass parts were recorded before he came aboard. He plays a P-bass now, and finger-picks.

5. He's dropped the "Twiggy" image, and the is now play a Deluxe P-bass, which was the same one that Paz played on tour with them...

6. aristotle chang

aristotle chang

May 25, 2003
    I think Twiggy is a much better bass player than he seemed to be while in Manson... I'm definitely liking the new APC album, though it takes awhile for it to get going.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I'm pretty sure Manyard's mom died right before that album. What were you expecting after something like that happens to a band member, a ska album?

8. Ditto.. I think there's more twiggy than we've listened to in MM.. In many MM albums he recorded guitars and did lots of arrangements to the songs. Besides.. so far, APC doestn't ask much more than what he did with MM IMO..

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Let me guess, you miss her because of the basslines she didn't write. Or...