twiggy ramirez or marilyn manson....bleerg!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Toony, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    okay, first and foremost the guy has a few morals...and um....sexual preferences that i don't share, and his band is in the dookie list for me at the moment. but, and yes the inevitable but, do you think he is a good bassist? i personally find his sound preety good listening and it works to accent his band. what do you think? he's no flea or claypool for sure, but he's no beginner either. anyhow.....(feel free to add your rants, praises, or foolery here)....:D

ahem...i love you guys, i feel like a damned little brother here or something! :D :p a little soft eh? nothing a little beer won't cure though. ;)
  2. he's not anything special in terms of talent, but he helps make his band sound good and that's what's important.

btw, anyone heard MM's new cover of "tainted love"? it's awesome!
  3. I think he does about as good a job as the System of a Down bassist w/ the Thunderbird sound.

P.S.: Yeah, the Tanted Love cover was great! I still dont think its as good as his Sweet Dreams cover though.
  4. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i never thought id ever say this in a million years about anything manson does, but he does tainted love pretty good and i like it.
  5. ya, they nailed that cover real good
  6. Twiggy was actually a big inspiration to me as I began bass playing. Even though it was actually Manson's old bassist that wrote manson's best basslines.
  7. Twiggy is a guitar player, who plays bass in a band. I have a problem with this. But thats just me, ask for no explanations.

8. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Well im listening to mansn wearin one of his shirts as we speak, and i think he deserves alot of credit since he writes almst every note of every manson song, and the bass lines are allwayz cool

New point why is everyone ranting about les and flea, listen to myung or somethin
  9. who???
  10. I should smack you for that one! Myung is the bottom dweller for Dream Theater. I don't care especially for his solos (except of course the metropolis part 1 solo) but his lines are soooo tight with the rest of band... He's the perfect glue. Not too showy, yet not too simple.
  11. Toony

Jun 15, 2001
    sorry warwickbass, dunno what you're talking. haven't read anyone ranting about les or flea, but they are however in my opinion better than twiggy....that's why i mentioned them, not because i'm a fan. and i've listened to myung, but he served no purpose in my previous statements. no offense or whatever.

elsewhere, tainted love is good stuff the video isn't too bad either, ehe. anyhow like soemone else said the sweet dreams cover is still better imo.
  12. Why does Manson have to keep remaking 80's songs? Ahhh and the video made me sick. Does Manson think he's a rapper now? He's got his platnium grill, his ice around his neck, and the "bitches" are all over him. I could have swore that was a goth rap video. And of course we had Twiggy on the 1 and the 2. I enjoyed everything before Mechanical Animals (Including the Spooky Kids stuff), but my god, we're disposable teens?! More like disposable middle aged men trying to appeal to fake goth kids. I can enjoy manson's music sometimes, but his image/personality makes me vomit. He is as if not more fake than FRED DURST!
  13. basegetar - grow a sense of SATIRE appreciation.
  14. it's supposed to be like that, man. It's pretty much a parody of the gangster rap videos that are so popular today.. I'm not insanely crazy about the Tainted Love song though, it's ok though.

Does anyone notice Manson straying more and more away from Rock and more into electronic music?

BTW.. Twiggy is like the Ringo of bass and Marilyn Manson. He keeps good time, is sufficient, but nothing special. And what's this about his preferences? Is he gay or something?
  15. warwick bass is talking about john myung from the band Dream Theater. Can't exactly agree w/ the whole 'not too showy' part, he pulls off those solos like taking candy from a baby though.

More power to you John Myung
  16. That was a parody of rap videos? Oops my bad, I kinda guessed. But I seriously thought Manson's career was taking such a turn for the worse he might as well. Alright, whatever.
  17. ... but I don't think I'll be appreciating it anytime soon.
  18. SystemofatooL

Dec 15, 2001
    "he's not anything special in terms of talent, but he helps make his band sound good and that's what's important. "

yeah, i agree, hes not that great as a bassist alone, but MM all up are a good band
  19. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    ...kinda off tangent, but my rock band, RANSOM, our current lead guitarist was in a Marilyn Manson cover/Tribute band. They had two bassists. The both LOVED Twiggy. They both sucked. Make of it what you will. :D
  20. Talent is not even closely related to influences, maybe style but not talent.