1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Twin Cities Gigspam

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mikemike, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    So my band, Capitol Jay, has a couple fun gigs lined up. Tomorrow, Saturday, we'll be opening for Ben Lee at the Augsburg college. We go on at about 7:30 for a half hour set. Should be cool, we're a lot different from Ben Lee. (personally, I can't stand his music, but I respect his success.) But we'll also be playing an all ages 3 hour set at the French Press next saturday, the 29th at 9:00. It's on the corner of 4th and Sibley, next to Station 4 in St. Paul. There's a $5 cover, $3 with a student ID. That one should be really fun, we have a lot of friends coming from Duluth and Detroit Lakes. We usually have a pretty intense live show. It's music that's really hard to define. Kind of like indie/folk/rock/jazz/funk/bluegrass. Each of our songs is a different sound. You can check out our myspace, but be warned, we sound quite a bit different now. But yeah, it'd be great to see some TB faces at either one. Thanks for reading.

Cody Westby (yeah, my name isn't mike at all)

2. Louse

Louse

Aug 15, 2005
    Everybody go check these guys out. They're awesome!!!! (Of course I'm slightly biased, that's my cousin playin' bass. But he WAILS!!)

Good luck Cody!! Keep thumpin'!!!