1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Twinz "Conversation" - Outstanding bass for rap album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by midbass, Apr 4, 2009.

1. midbass

midbass

Jun 10, 2008
    Quick review: an awesome rap album in the "G Funk" genre pioneered by Dr. Dre and Warren G (produced entirely by the latter). If you like that genre, this is a must purchase. If you don't like that genre, stop reading!

As for the album....11 tracks, 7 synth, 4 electric bass. Basslines are prominent in every song: warm, rich, powerful and musical. Very well recorded too which is a pet peeve of mine, as many of you know most newer music in the pop/hip hop/rock genre is recorded poorly and compressed too much. Not here.

Very possible this is the best compilation of basslines I've heard on a rap album, and I've listened to lots over the last 15 years.

Now I wouldn't get this album strictly on bass alone....it has nice music vibes, typical for a west coast album from 1995. Nice melodies, chorus work, etc...if you're into that sorta thing.

Here's some samples:

(electric)

Electric played by: Tony "T" Green
    No credits listed for synth player....would that be the keyboard player?

This album isn't for everyone, but it is awesome for the right person. :)

2. Great stuff. I think I might have to find a copy of this and pick it up.