twisted foot

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by greitzer, Jun 7, 2003.

1. While attempting to raise the action by turning the dial on my adjustable bridge (on the leg by the lower strings), it twisted the bridge foot with it, slightly "counterclockwise" if you look at the bass from in front. The bottom side of the foot still appears to be flat against the instrument.

Two questions -- first, is this an emergency case (i.e., is the bridge in danger of breaking?

And two, is it self=fixable or should I take it back to the shop where I bought it for repair?

I will show it to my teacher next week, but I'd also be interested in advice here. Thanks in advance.
  2. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Not to worry...this is not a big deal. The bridge feet aren't glued on, but are held against the top of the bass by the pressure of the strings. Loosen the strings on that side just a bit and twist the bridge foot back into place. Just take care not to move the bridge from it's current position. Might want to note it's current placement just in case, though.
  3. Thanks for the quick advice. Worked fine, and the foot is back in alignment.

Much obliged...