1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Twisted neck bass, but it's supposed to be like that!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Crofts, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Check these guys out, I did a search and couldn't find anything about this:

http://www.littleguitarworks.com/torzal/

I can't work out whether it would be really weird to play, or much more comfortable than a normal bass. Anyone tried one of these? Looks like it could be a cool idea...

tom

2. I recall that the guys at Lace Music Products were making a Strat replacement neck with such a helical twist. It would probably be a lot more comfortable to play, but you'd better know your fretboard by feel!

3. Thats actually pretty cool. I wish they had more pics of the basses though.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There was a pretty good thread about these not long ago, and the builder popped in to say hi. I'm pretty excited to try one of these when i get a chance.

5. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Ah my bad, I didn't see that :meh:

Definitely food for thought, I know where I'll be going when my wrists give up.

:hyper:

6. AmPb100

AmPb100

Apr 25, 2005
    Berklee/Boston
    I would imagine it's probably very comfortable for the hand on the fretboard, but the plucking hand looks like it would feel horribly awkward.

7. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    seen these things years ago, expensive as hell

8. i imagine they are hard to slap and pop

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I would love to take that thing to my local tech and say, "I think my neck is a little warped.":smug: