1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Two Acme Low B2 Series II (8 ohm) $600 + SH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bigbajo60, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    SOLD!!!

It's been quite a party with these cabs, 'cause they truly rock! :bassist:

But now, I've suffered a relapse of that "disease" that runs rampant among us musician-types... G.A.S.! :crying:

So I'm offering both of these up for sale as a pair. I bought one new, and the other I got off of another local bassist in a trade. Like I said, they're both 8 ohm Series II cabs, and both are stamped with Serial Numbers that start in "04". I think that indicates the year of manufacture. I've been pushing them with a Stewart World 1.6, so they've never been starved for power, but I've never lit up the protective thermistor bulbs, so they haven't been "over-pushed" either! They're in excellent shape with only the slightest signs of "road rash".

I'm asking $600 plus shipping for the pair. If you're the owner of a nice, clean Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 2x12 however, perhaps we can talk turkey! ;)

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    oh snap!

3. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Have you ever been "Acme-fied"? Here's yer chance!*bump* :smug:

4. Man I can't believe these haven't been picked up yet! If they're still around after Christmas ...

5. idealtracks

idealtracks

Dec 18, 2001
    If this were here two weeks ago, they'd be mine! I just bought two for $650 + shipping, and felt like that was a good deal! And these look to be in better shape than mine!

Interested in a trade for a B4 4ohm? I'd love to have four B2s!

6. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    The only trade I'd be interested in is for a Mesa Powerhouse 2x12... I think I've Acme'd myself out after 2 years with these babies, and prior to that about 3 years with a Series I Low B4!

The Acme's rule... they really do!... but not in the "sonic" way that I'm needing at this time.

7. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I shudder to think what these would sound like with my CA9!

8. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I think your neighborhood would "shudder" if you drove 'em with a CA9!!!:D

9. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    I want these... I want them badly but... I am cab heavey and amp light... want a berg ht112?

10. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I haven't tried the Bergs, but I suspect that a single 1x12 (no matter how good...) won't leave me where I need to be 'volume wise' in the kinds of bands that I'm in. Thanx for the offer, though!

11. atrapp

atrapp

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    How go these compare to an Eden d212xlt? Anyone?

also pm sent

12. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I haven't played the Eden you're talking about, but I have a D210xlt and an original (not series II) B2.

The Eden is louder and cuts through more due to its somewhat honky mids and cutting highs. It definitely does not have the low end and smoothness of the Acme.

I just got an Aguilar DB750, which I haven't tried yet with the Acme. I'm guessing that will be a nice combination though...

13. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    holy...

:eek:

14. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    wow!! i have a feelign that if it werent for the holidays these wouldve been gone instantly. good luck with the sale.

15. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Well, let's just say that if they're still "for sale" after the holidays, the price won't necessarily reflect my current mood of "Peace on earth and goodwill towards my fellow bassists"! :p

16. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Al, I'll take 'em
    PM sent

17. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    *holding breath*

SALE PENDING!

18. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Payment sent.
    Thanks!

19. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    Here they go... from the dry heat of the Deep South to the "Frozen Tundra" of the Great North! :D

Thanx Brad! Enjoy! :bassist:

20. BFISHER1970

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Got 'em. PM sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.