No longer available Two AKG Perception 400 large diaphragm condenser mics

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Ukiah Bass, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Price:
    See Inside
    A pair of AKG Perception 400 large diaphragm condenser microphones. Excellent performance for the "budget mic" category. The 400's were AKGs first move into this market. I'm the original owner and bought these about eight years ago. Mainly used in my home studio, a few rehearsal studios and a handful of gigs.

Frequency range is 20 to 20,000 Hz. Has a switchable polar pattern: cardiod, omnidirectional, and figure-eight. The latter is is great for a Mid-Side mic configuration, which provides an adjustable stereo image, or a Blumlein Stereo Pair image of an entire room. Very nice for vocals, guitar, drum overheads, room ambiance, and bass too! (see video below)

Mic uses a dual diaphragm 1-inch large diaphragm capsule. Has a switchable bass roll-off and pre-attentuation pad for close micing and in high SPLs up to 145 dB. Each mic comes with its own spider-type shock mount and padded metal carrying case.

Technical details, manual, etc. available on AKG's website: Perception 400 (discontinued) - Microphone | AKG Acoustics

Both mics are in very good condition and work perfectly.

Price: $100 each or $150 for the pair, shipped CONUS, PayPal only. Thanks for looking!

Mic #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mic #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RECORDING SAMPLE: mic'd a Rob Allen acoustic bass guitar through a Puma 900 and Greenboy Crazy8 cab at a gig. Here's what the it looked like (in my studio):

[​IMG]

Here's what it sounded like at the gig:

Used as a Blumlein Pair:

[​IMG]

Blumlein Pair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022