1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two basses on stage!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Ron Plichta, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Ron Plichta

Ron Plichta Supporting Member

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    This shot was taken at last night's gig. My bass instructor sat in on a few songs toward the end of the night. We were doing "Kryptonite" and I tapped out the opening riff while Brittany, my instructor, held down the "normal" bass line.

CheapTherapy097.

2. I have got to try that!

3. manutabora

manutabora

Aug 14, 2007
    Iowa City, IA
    Lol... just from looking at the instruments I first thought that you were the instructor and she was the student...

:bag:

4. Ron Plichta

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Never confuse gear with talent. :bassist:

5. Ron Plichta

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    BTW, both basses are mine. The red one is a Mike Lull PJ5 and the natural one is a SKjold Pro Series 6-string.

6. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    On one hand, tapping and "Kryptonite." OTOH, giant shuttle murals and multiple music stands. Just curious: what kind of gig was this?

7. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Here's my Big Bottom shot, you cant see my SB2 cause my back is to the camera! :ninja:

[​IMG]

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm playing with the idea of adding another bassist since the other day, I had another bassist come to my house to try out an amp, and we were just jamming on bass. Very fun and kind of weird.

9. Joel S.

Joel S. Reserved for future witty use...

Jul 9, 2008
    Check out Dumpstaphunk, they have 2 bass players (although one of 'em plays lead guitar from time to time.)

10. There's this guy I saw once that was the bandleader and he played solos and crazy stuff on his bass while he had another guy play bass to keep the groove. His name was Victor....something... :)

11. before I ever went on a stage to play a couple songs live, my friend who plays bass and I talked awhile back about hooking his bass up along with mine-because I was so afraid of freezing up on stage...but needless to say, I have already done it a few times and although I did make a few mistakes, I didn't freeze and stop playing. I think the idea of two bass players would be cool! more bass the better to me!! :p

12. ladybassmusic

ladybassmusic

Aug 16, 2006
    Northern Virgina
    Endorsing Artist: Spector/LightWave/NS/Centrance/DR/Watson Pickups
    Nice job on Kryptonite Ron. He also did a spankin' version of Superstition.

13. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I love your band's uniforms! Bummer you forgot your hat. ;)

Kidding aside, that must have been fun. Two basses and an outdoor gig too!

14. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    +1

15. Ron Plichta

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    It was an American Legion hall. What would you expect?

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Thats rad, 2 bassists jamming together makes some sweet sweet music. I use a loop station to loop a riff and jam along with myself, loads of fun.

One of the coolest things I've ever seen was watching Dos play live in a dumpy ex-bowling alley that we had played at a few weeks before. Mike & Kira had an awesome dynamic. After the show we were taking Mike over to another club in LA and he got lost because he followed way too slowly. Good times though, we eventually met up but the club was closed. Then it was sleepytime.