Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two basses, one amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CaptainHueso, Feb 22, 2006.

1. I've tried doing a search but couldn't really come up with anything, though I'm sure this has been discussed before. I'm looking for a stompbox of some sort that will allow me to switch between two basses, plugged into one amp. I've seen tons of boxes that allow for switching between one bass and multiple amps but the Bassbone is the only thing I've seen that does the opposite, but I've heard too many nasty things about it. What other pedals can I look into that won't suck up any tone?

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Just out of curiosity,what type of bad things have you heard about the Bassbone?I've been using the Bassbone for a while and have yet to have any type of problem(and no I am not at all a Bassbone crusader).for me it's a very valuable tool and the DI is one of the best.

3. I actually found out that loooper can do this as a custom addition to an effects loop pedal, which is perfect because I'm needing one of those as well. Has anybody here done business with loooper before? Do tell your experiences.

4. I've heard in numerous reviews and such that it alters your clean tone alot, similar to boss pedals. I've never tried one, nor even seen one in any music shop in the state, so I dont really know, but every review I've read says that there is some tone coloration which is really what I'm trying to get away from.

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

Well if that is the case,that can be a good thing given how each live situation is different (each venue one plays in, tone is loss 90% of the time anyway,so if you have a tool that can help retain your desired tone go for it).

the best thing you can do is to give one a try yourself and make what you feel is the proper decision from that.