1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Two Basses: Sell individually or as a set?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by diegom, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Yes - keep the siblings together

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - They are probably worth more individually

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. Carrots - Carrots of the same branch are consumed separately

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. I have 2 mid-90s, Ibanez Expressionist basses, one fretted, the other fretless. Same finish, no pickguard. The fretless was masterfully epoxied by HG Thor. That alone should add some value...
    The question is as presented on the subject: Do you see any value to selling twin basses as a set, or would I be better off splitting them up, cause I'm the only freak that wanted twin basses.

As an interesting note, I came very close to buying the 5 string version. I could never find one as clean as my 2... so, it could've been triplets!!! :D

I'm not selling here. I'm not trying to get past mods. This is just a general question. I will not post prices or ask for individual valuations.

Mods: If you consider this post in violation of any rules, please delete ASAP.

2. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Price them individually, then offer a discount to anyone who buys both. No harm in listing as a set, but I expect they'll be easier to sell if you're willing to split them up.

diegom likes this.
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    You are going to have to find someone who wants one. If you limit it to selling the pair, you are cutting off 98% of the market.

diegom likes this.