Two bassists?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CrazyArcher, Sep 4, 2004.

1. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Do you know any bands which have two bassists? :bassist: I don't, but think this idea might be cool.
    It's like having leading and rythm guitars, but in this case it's bass. One plays in fast strokes, and the second - more comlicated but slower riffs based on the same theme. Heh? :eyebrow:
  2. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    There's a Dallas-based punk band, Alex Can't Sleep, that has (or had, the page hasn't been updated in a long time) two bass players. Free mp3s, pics, etc. If you like horror punk with a sick sick sick sense of humor, it's not bad...But be forewarned, they do sing about necrophilia, murder, and all that stuff.
  3. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Cop shoot Cop and Girls Against Boys come to mind.
  4. there is an aussie band called "pre shrunk". i think thats their name.

One night, some of the players in our music community did a 30 piece gig one night. 4 bass players, kazzoo, percussions, horn section, two drummers, 2 guitars and others. One guy had 3 hats, one hat time sign, one hat key, one hat style, and that was the gig, very experimental, but alot of fun, zany is the word.
  5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Spinal Tap used 3 basses for Big Bottom

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Steve Bailey and Victor Wooten have collaberated for...what, three albums, and they're working on a fourth? Check 'em out, the duo is called "Bass Extremes".
  7. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Little Richard tours with 2 bass players...matter as a fact I just saw him 2 weeks ago and he was awesome!
    For being 72 and still being able to play like he was 20 is pretty cool to see.
  8. there is a band called "molotov" with two bass players. they are from mexico.
  9. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    James Brown had two bassists the last time I saw him :bassist:
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Ned's Atomic Dustbin.
  11. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Black Eyes and the Dirtbombs.
  12. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Ah, okay then ;)

@Only: Ha-ha-ha, it's good you warn ppl, but I have no problems with that! I listen to black/death metal, including Cannibal Corpse :))