Two cabs for the price of one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by axman, May 22, 2002.

1. I have a gk 700rb and i ordered ampeg 4x10 cab and was sent two cabs for the price of one. "cool" What is the best way to hook up both of the cab's to the gk without frying anything? and getting the best sound? Any help would be great.
  2. the head has two outputs, so plug both into it's own.

it should be simple.
  3. That's what i thought just wanted to make shure.

4. Where did you buy them? I want 2 for the price of one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. sobie18 I ordered them from musician's friend i got the outher one by error.
  6. They really are muscian's friend! Nice one axman!!
  7. Wow, all I ever get from Musician's Friend is what I order. What a rip off! :rolleyes:
  8. Blux

Feb 5, 2002
    Philadelphia, Pa.
    computer will pick up that error any day.:(
  9. don't worry about the computer. I bought i 3 tree guitar stand, and they sent me 4. Never picked up the error and it's been 2 years.
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Don't they teach ethics in school anymore? :(
  11. coolhanddan

May 16, 2002
    Central NJ
    That second cabinet was supposed to go to me, so if you would ship it my way, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks. CHD:D
  12. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    sounds to me like there was a bank error in your favor. Musican's friend won't be crying, they're too busy ripping other people off to notice...

interesting sidenote... i once had the same thing happen with computer equipment, i actually called and they siad that they'd come pick the extra one up.. they never did though.
  13. Wow...
    My honest side would say, OK, return the cab, and know that you are a good person, an dthat all comes back to you in the end as well. But a stack for the price of a half stack is not bad...ugghhh.
    It would be a tough decision, but I am a firm believer in honesty and karma...which leads to the "return it" side.

Ah well, I'm not in that position so i guess it doesnt matter anyways...enjoy the cabs.
  14. At this point I'm wondering if the cabinet situation will work like it does at a fast food place. If they give you extra (read extree here in the south) fries at Wendy's, they won't take them back because that's just disgusting and you get to keep them. If you use these cabs, musicians friend technically can't sell them as new cabs. Still, they do have a scratch and dent and refurbished section. My thing is this: they might have not bothered with an extra tree stand, but that's nothing compared to a cabinet cost-wise. I think you'll be getting a call soon. You should probably call them just to cover your butt. Good luck with the situation.
  15. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    You order for one cab is considered part of a legal agreement. The consideration in the agreement being the money you paid for the one cabinet. The other one would not have been part of the agreement. You will be legally bound to return it or pay for it.

You would have been better off refusing delivery on the second cabinet. You ought to notify them immediately. You may be held liable for the shipping costs to return it since you willingly accepted delivery of an item you didn't pay for. Depends on how pissed off they want to get at you.

PS, there are people who work at M.F. here at Talkbass...
    :eek: doh!
  16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Oh, P@...... ;)
  17. I have talked to them about it but I've had a bunch of problems with them and they said not to worry about it, it was their mistake and were sorry for the problems, enjoy the cab.:D Just how stupid do you think I am to say who they were on here?? I know some people might not of thought about it but I did..
  18. Muddbass what did you buy??
  19. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Actually, no. Postal regulations state that if you recieve ANYTHING unsolicited in the mail, it's yours with no obligation - granted, MF messed up, but you're not liable for their errors. If it was shipped to you, and you didn't request it, it's yours.

20. Ditto on 72 Beetle's post. Legally it is yours, although ethically some might not keep the extra cab. I am still waiting for somebody to ship me something cool.:D