1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Two Channel Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I know the Mark Bass LMK has two channels with separate EQ's and inputs.

What else is out there that does the whole doubling thing well in this manner?

I'm going to be doubling on electric bass and EUB or possibly ABG. I'd like to set and forget and just pick up whatever instrument on the fly and just control volume at the level of the instrument. I'd rather stay away from a AB/Y splitter in front of the amp.

What does an LMK run street-wise at GC?

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Almost all of the Walter Woods heads have dual inputs and dual EQ's. The Acoustic Image Clarus2/Focus2 do as well.

3. WordToHerb

WordToHerb

Mar 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    I think the epifani UL-502 has a similar design but i cant say ive ever played though one. I have an Eden WT1205 that is a bigger amp but it has a great preamp design. Its 2 full channels and both have their own built in compressor and each channel has a pre and post effects loop. Its got a footswitch where you can switch between channels and its got a solo button which gives you 6db boost if you need a little extra volume during a solo. You can also set the amp up to take stereo instruments using both channels or setup a different tone on channel 2 and use both channels for one bass to switch back and fourth via footswitch.

4. If you can find an available Eden WT1205 that is an option.
    In adition to the Epifani UL-502 and UL-902 amps you could also consider the Genz Benz GBE 750 and GBE1200 and the Aguilar AG500.

I ended up running 2 preamps through a CA9.

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    EA Micro 300

6. AFAIK the LMK only has 2 inputs NOT 2 sep channels. Aren't the EQ's & vol's etc all joined to the 2 inputs?? It IS on the LMII & I thought it was on the LMK

7. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    the gk fusion 550... but it's not out yet :meh:

8. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    The Epifani 502 is great for doublers; it sounds especially good on acoustic instruments. It sounds so good, in fact, that I'm selling mine.

9. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    The Genz Benz 1200 not only has 2 seperate channels but you can also run them together. Not positive on the 750 because I don't have 1 but I think it can as well.

10. JACKSIXPACK

JACKSIXPACK

Oct 24, 2006
    netherlands
    Hi
    A old Kustom head got two seperate channels.
    I used.Now I got a A/B and a preamp pedal.
    greetings Jack

11. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Both channels on the Eden WT1205 can also be run together and at low volumes the bass & treble boost buttons come in handy. There is also a preamp gain boost for solo's.....if you dare:eek: