Two Fenders for a Warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Feb 3, 2005.

1. I just played a Warwick the otherday. It was in Guitar center in New Jersey. I was blown away. The sound and the feel mad me get all tight inside. Now im thinking of unloading my Aerodyne Jazz and My Marcus Miller 4 string. Any opinions? It was a Corvette 4 string by the way. :hyper:
  2. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Well, obviously if the Corvette does that to you, then by all means.....I mean, isn't that what it's all about?
  3. Amen dude, if the bass has the sound and feel that you're looking for then go for it. If there is something about your fenders that you cant part with though, save the money for one. Corvette 4 strings really are quite inexpensive in the realm of 4 string warwicks. You can find them on ebay for well under 1000 bucks. Perhaps save and buy it giving you 3 good basses. But if the fenders are not as good to you, and if you can get those sounds out of the warwick, there's no reason not to.
  4. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Bass Central in FL was selling them for $895 a month or so ago.....I got a lefty!!! It's great!
  5. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    If I where you I would check out the Fender Jazz Deluxe!! I was alllmost in the same position as you I couldnt decide betweeen a musicman and a warwick corvette then I decided to give The J bass deluxe MIA out and I was blown away!! :bassist:

all Im saying is try a bunch of bases out untill you find the right one.
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wouldnt unload those fenders for that warwick. The marcus miller alone is almost worth the corvette. You have 2 great fender basses, 2 of my favorites. Id keep them.
  7. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Boy i tell ya i kinda agree with figjam on this! I love warwicks and i own a corvette pro-line. I would personally trade in 10 fenders for a good warwick. But i think he is correct in making sure you get a fair trade! And for fenders sakes please dont take them to a guitar store and trade them in! Trust me i work in a store like that and man they just rip you off so bad! Make sure that you couldnt sell them for more on ebay or here and maybe you could get a nicer warwick! Atleast maybe the pro-line corvette! But yes dude i love my corvette pro-line! I loved it so much that i paid alot of money for it back in the early 90s! When you couldnt get one in the states! Bought it in scotland when i was visiting some family. Then had to pay to ship it home!lol Sucked so bad i blew so much cash that i couldnt afford to go to the bars in amsterdam on the way home! :crying:
  8. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    The Corvette is sweet, but I don't think it's worth both your Fenders. Like it was said, they're pretty common on eBay for well under a grand.

Check out this one that sold a few hours ago. A '92 with the wenge neck and brass nut. Not a bad price, IMO.
  9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    If you like the Corvette I highly suggest you try out the Corvette FNA Jazzman; that bass is my love slave. One of these days I'll rake in enough cash and grab it.