Two heads are better than one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fredguy, Oct 21, 2006.

1. fredguy

fredguy

Dec 13, 2004
    ootah
    I'm suffering from amp gas at the present time and am looking for an amp to compliment my Mesa Walkabout. As background I play in a 7 piece band, two drums, guitar, sax, trombone, and singer. We play a variety of both originals and covers which include everything from straight jazz and funk to ween.

I play either an Alembic Essence or a USA P-bass special with Frain PJ pickups into either an SWR 2x10+1x15 or an LDS 2x8 if there's PA support. I'm looking for an amp with a little more hifi sound than the Mesa as it has the old school sound down in a small package. As there's not much in the way of higher end bass stores in Utah I haven't been able to try out my two top choices, either an EA iAMP 500 or an Epifani UL-502. Any thoughts on these would better compliment the Mesa or if there's another amp I should look into? I'll also probably dump the 2x10 and get a light 1x12 to match up with the new amp.

Thanks,

dave

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    :)
    ThunderFunk
    :)

:bassist:

:D

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    You may also want to check out the Carvin B1500, B800, & (I think now discontinued) B500 -- heard very good things about them.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021