1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Two Hydrive 410 or 410 + 115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jvalenzh, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have the Hartke LH1000 head and one Hydrive 410 cab. I'm about to get a second cab and would like to hear what the difference would be between using two 410 and one 410 plus a 115. Thanks!

Javier.

2. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Another 4-10 is the only way to go.

3. bigft14CM

bigft14CM

Jul 14, 2013
    i have a similar setup to you with the 410 and 115... TBH i'm not very happy with the 115. I think it may be because i have a different head unit (hartke 2500) and cant EQ/volume control the 115 independently.

Just my 2 cents.

4. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    It's been hours since this question last came up...

J-man - please - check the stickies and check the recent threads...

(Short Version: don't mix cabs...
    Even though you have one of the few heads that could pull it off due to the Balance control...)

5. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    2 - 4x10...

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Two 410's or two 115's.

7. Thanks guys for the comments!

8. jason the fox

jason the fox Often rocks and rarely rolls. Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    I used to dig the 410 + 115 idea, for a long time. But I finally ran into a situation where it really didn't work for me.

Had a gig the week before last where we had to push some serious volume, and my SVT-115E started struggling pretty bad while the SVT-410HE was just cruising. Luckily, I had the 115 on top of the 410 so it was closer to ear level and I could hear it.

Before our second set, I unplugged the 115. I found with the 410 on its own, I was actually getting more volume, and it sounded better from the stage.

I rented an 810 for a fairly big outdoor gig tonight, so by next week I might be on the hunt for a fridge.

Anywho, my opinion says go with 2 x 410. I like 15's too, but I've come to prefer the sound of multiple 10s.

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    LOL :D

OP, The 1x15 will do nothing for you that a second 4x10 couldn't do better.

10. Dakotah

Dakotah

Dec 21, 2011
    Port Richey,FL
    I also run the 410/115 and see no problem with it. Sam A recommended the 115 after I looked for a second cab. The head settings and cord connections allow for a great deal of variation in output.

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    May I suggest that you stack the 15 on the top so you can hear it's cries of pain past the 4x10.

12. Thanks again all. Valuable information.