Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Two kickass bassists I never hear mentioned

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by chiliwilli, Jul 23, 2002.

1. I thought it should be brought up, cous i never hear these guys be mentioned anywhere , especially talkbass, but, Robert Sledge is pretty flippin' good ---- its like every other day a confused bassists asked "Pick or Fingers??"; they oughta listen to Rob, hes the only bassist I enjoy listening to that uses a pick

He's Sick on the Pick

Another --- although this is a little out-there, 'Dan Kurtz' -- he's the bassist to a improv/electronic band called 'The New Deal' --- his tone is SOO perfect for what he does... he plays soooo well.. If electornic music doesn't bother you, I HIGHLY suggest you listen to the New Deal

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Dan is the man! The New Deal has been one of my faves lately... I've seen them a few times this year (most recently last week) and every time, they blow me away.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Dominique Di Piazza is the hottest unsung hero at the moment IMO-

4. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Robert Sledge, Dan Kurtz. Never heard of 'em. Okay, I mentioned them. Happy now?

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Robert Sledge is recognized here. In fact, there were a couple of threads started about him. Wicked fuzzed out LP Bass tones!

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Somebody a couple weeks back mentioned New Deal.....so I went out and got it.........I enjoy it very much!!!!