Two kinds of Epifani 2x10s ?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tightanic, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    Hello again,
    as anybody ever noticed that shows two different kinds of 2x10" cabs?
    The first one appears in the flash intro, the second on the actual T-210-page. The first one seems to have more cabinet volume, and better looking ports.
    Any thoughts on this? Maybe one of the two shows an older version?

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Epifani is constantly evolving their boxes. I own two T-112 cabs, they are not the same size and the jack panel is in a different location on each one. I bought them nine months apart, both shipped direct from the factory.

The first 210 was a design with the drivers side by side similar to Eden, SWR, etc.; now they use a diagonal placement. The first diagonal box had a square front, they have made the front smaller (maybe reduced the overall box volume?) on the latest ones.
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    you're referring to the square looking 2x10's that eye glassed Lincoln Goines is leaning on, right?

those were actually Nick's earlier design, and were shallower to fit the back of Linc's car trunk. he offered them again for a short time, but only as a custom order.

i had a chance to try them, and they're actually lacking in a little low end, compared to the newer more squat, diagonal positioned driver cabs.
  4. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    Thanks for the replies, guys (wow, what a dumb rhyme :oops:), I had this confirmed by Brett at Epifani.
    The squat one is the newer model. Despite the fact that I like the old design better (esthetically), I'd of course go for the new one.

Thanks a lot!