Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paniak17, Jun 4, 2004.

1. im sorry if this bothers some ppl, but i just can't WAIT UNTIL I ORDER MY NEW BASS!!!!!!! I am going to the local music shop to order it on monday, I am going to get a Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V. This is my second bass and my first move to a five stringer. Ill keep you posted with pics when it comes in... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
    p.s. thanks for all of your help deciding color, pickguards, and everything else......
  2. levijames

May 29, 2004
    Congrats on the new baby-keep us posted.I myself am curious-I got a Jazz 4 string,love it,be tough to have another,but would consider a 5 string.
  3. Awesome mate!! Jazz Deluxes are hot. I've not owned one, but played a few and I really like them. 5's are nice. Must post pics!
  4. Hey, im in the same situation!...But i have to wait 2 weeks instead :mad:
  5. Ordered IT! IM SO ANXIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! once i get it ill post you up with pics and write a review in my spare time...
  6. Ordering can be the easy part, now comes the wait. How long did they tell you it would take to get your bass?
  7. 7-10 days....but thats if fender has it in stock.....up to 8 weeks if they dont have it in stock already and have to make a whole new one from scratch.
  8. Hey, cool choice and you're going to be happy with her. One recomendation I can make is to make sure you get a nice set of strings and a good setup done on the bass ASAP. If you know how to do it yourself even better, but these basses get some slack for having "bad" B strings that is unecessary. A nice gauged B string (125 or above) combined with the correct action and pickup height will do wonders for any bass.

(Rant over) ENJOY!!!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads man, new basses can make one happy camper around here :hyper: . A good setup and strings will only make your basses sweeter when you get it. Keep us posted. :)
  10. im not going to have a B string it will be changed to a High C. I just wouldnt feel the need for a B.
    And thanks everyone...
  11. got british flag pickguard today....i would post pic today but dont have a dig. camera :crying: :bawl:
  12. also....wdmusicproducts wasnt the best place for a pickguard...they just take a clear pickguard(of your choice) and stick there pattern(for me a british flag) on the back of it like a sticker....theres a few dings but all in all its not to bad and i think it was an ok price...
  13. how about those disposable dig. cameras? are they any good?
  14. disposable digital camera? are you serious? I didn't know they existed.
  15. haha yeah you can buy them for like $10-20, I mean i dont have the money for a dig. camera...and i guess this is an alternative...
  17. anyone know if there good? i need to show you guys my bass and i dont have a digital camera.....i just want to know if anyone has used a disposable dig. camera and does it get the job done.